Sunday, January 5, 2020

Happy New Year!

Greetings readers and fellow bloggers!
It has been almost two years since I have posted on this blog, but I plan to reengage and give a great deal more attention to it this coming year and beyond. Frankly, it has been about three years since I have been able to turn my attention to much else besides working my way through a doctoral program, and as of now, I am in the final term and about to defend my dissertation. What better time to reignite the fire that burns within when it comes to mysteries, true crime, and the 'just plain weird?' I hope that all of you are having a great start to the New Year. There are some interesting things happening now in terms of my book-The Atlanta Ripper. I may have neglected to post this, but a few years ago a production company from California purchased the rights to the book, and for the past year or so the owner has been working to get the book turned in to a mini-series or full-length film. While there has been some movement in that direction, Hollywood is its own universe, and like things in Washington D.C., progress is a slow moving giant there. I am quite patient, and if I receive updates from the production company, I will post them.
On another front, back in October 2019, The Atlanta History Center featured my book,and ME, at the first ever author event at The Georgia Beer Garden. This was a great venue, and we had about 50 people who turned out to hear me talk about the book and my thoughts on the murders. I am so grateful to The History Press, The Atlanta History Center, and The Georgia Beer Garden for collaborating on this and inviting me. The coolest part of the entire thing was that The Georgia Beer Garden sits right in the Old Fourth Ward in Atlanta-the ward where most of the Atlanta Ripper murders took place.
Keeping that momentum going, over the Christmas holidays, I was contacted by the creators of the Fall Line Podcast to participate in a series about The Atlanta Ripper that they are planning for April. In January, I will be doing an interview with Laura and Brooke-the hosts and producers-about the book and the murders. I had a great conversation with Laura on New Year's Eve, and I can say that I have found kindred spirits when it comes to mysteries and true crime. She and Brooke are as interested as I am in missing person cases, abductions, and other mysteries that baffle the minds of investigators in the Peach State. If you have not listened to their podcast, check them out at their website: www.thefalllinepodcast.com.

I do hope all of you are having a Happy 2020 so far, and I am actually going to be posting my first post of 2020 (other than this one, I suppose) right away. Please continue to follow, and if you have ideas or items you want to pass along, please feel free. My email is georgiaspooks@yahoo.com.

Jeff

1 comment:

Misty J. said...

I am so glad you decided to come back to the blog. You are my favorite! I love your stories and research.