Tuesday, July 14, 2020

The Atlanta Ripper Episode on The Fall Line Podcast

Back in the early winter of 2020, well before the world seemed to come to an end, I was contacted by Laura Norton and Brooke Hargrove, the creators and hosts of The Fall Line Podcast. If you have never listed to their podcasts, you are certainly missing out. I like to say that it is the Unsolved Mysteries of the podcasting world; however, Laura and Brooke are much lovelier than the esteemed Robert Stack was, and I am sure if our favorite mystery show host were still with us today, he would agree.
At any rate, the ladies asked me if I would be willing to participate in recording their upcoming series on The Atlanta Ripper. After having read my book on the murders and conducting their own research, they felt strongly compelled to do a series on the grisly episode that often gets overlooked in Atlanta history. I agreed, and the pair traveled to Milledgeville on a rainy February day to interview me for the podcast. The episode released last week. So far only part one is available with part two coming soon. If part two is ANYTHING like part one, you won't want to miss out. The link to their website is here https://www.thefalllinepodcast.com/.  To listen to their podcast, I simply logged on to the Podcast app on my IPhone. However, there are a number of places where the podcast is available including Spotify. Check out their website for more details! The first part of the series will get you hooked. While you are at it, check out their other seasons. Of particular interest to me are the series about The Millbrook Twins and Shy'Kemmia Pate. My heart breaks for these lost young girls each time I listen to these episodes.
From my understanding from talking with Laura and Brooke, more episode are on the way about both well-known and not so well-known missing person cases in Georgia, some of which I have written about on this very blog site. Again, if you have not tuned in, you are missing a great podcast.

No comments: